Special Event Permits are processed through the Special Event Review Committee. The Town will make every effort to consider your request in a timely manner. Please allow 60 days for the review of large events and 30 days for small events.
At this time, all event requests must adhere to all current CDC Safety COVID-19 recommendations.
A $50.00 Special Event Permit IS REQUIRED for the following events:
1) Large Gatherings - More than 250 people where the general public is invited.
2) Small Gatherings - Less than 250 people where the general public is invited.
3) Any event on Town property (including Trophy Club Park) where the general public is invited and activities will be held outdoors.
4) When any portion of a Town street within the Town right-of-way is to be temporarily restricted or closed (i.e. parades, bike rides, or 5K walk/runs on Town streets).
5) If the event requires a park pavilion, reservations must be done online at www.tcparks.org before the special event application is submitted and approved.
A special event permit is NOT REQUIRED for the following events:
1) Pavilion Rentals with 50 people or less that are approved through www.tcparks.org.
2) Block Parties. If you are interested in organizing a Block Party, please make arrangements with Captain Steve Woodard, Trophy Club Police Department at 682-237-2954.
PLEASE NOTE THAT OBTAINING A SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT DOES NOT EXEMPT YOU FROM ANY TOWN RULES OR REGULATIONS, INCLUDING THE NOISE ORDINANCE, AND FEDERAL AND STATE LAWS.
Completed applications will be submitted to the Special Event Review Committee (SERC). For questions or additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include types of activities, structures, parking, rides, food, canopies, tent sizes, etc.
A Certificate of Insurance, with liability insurance of a minimum limit of $1,000,000, stating that the Town has been added as an additional insured as well as the endorsement page shall be furnished to the Town for all Special Events that are partially or fully contained on the Town rights-of-way, or on property owned, leased, or controlled by the Town.
For any questions about your Certificate of Liability Insurance, please contact Human Resources/Risk Management at 682-237-2985 or HR@trophyclub.org
By initialing here, you agree and acknowledge that you have read the above section and agree to the content within.
1) Fire hydrants and fire lanes may not be blocked.
2) No campfires or open burning is permitted.
3) Food vendors will need to be inspected for fire extinguishers and a fire suppression system.
4) If the event requires Fire or EMS standby, the personnel fee is $45.00 per hour/per person (minimum 2 personnel) for a minimum of 4 hours.
5) Fireworks are prohibited unless otherwise approved by the Town of Trophy Club Fire Marshal.
1) For traffic control or police assistance, you must make arrangements through the Trophy Club Police Department at your own cost. If deemed necessary and upon a recommendation by the SERC, you will be required to lease or purchase traffic control devices to facilitate your event.
2) If the event requires Police assistance or standby, the personnel fee is $60.00 per hour per person for a minimum of 4 hours. In addition, there is a $20.00 per hour per vehicle fee for personnel.
3) Note that a Special Event Permit does not give you permission to disobey any Town Rules or Regulations. The noise ordinance is still applicable and is enforced through the Trophy Club Police Department.
1) If your event requires Town services please provide a point of contact and email address for billing purposes to email@example.com.
1) You may not close a major street or the primary access to a subdivision, with the exception to a parade that has been given approval by the SERC. You cannot block off only the middle portion of a street, it must be the entire block.
2) A site plan and a resident signature roster must be submitted.
3) Streets may only be blocked off using barricades or cones; vehicles must not be used. Streets must be accessible by emergency vehicles. A maximum of 4 barricades is allowed.
4) Tents, Bounce Houses, Canopies, or temporary structures are not permitted on public streets.
1) If the event requires temporary electric wiring (i.e. for lighting) a registered electrician must obtain the necessary permit. Note any generator locations on the site plan if they plan to be used.
2) For any Temporary Tents, 20x20 or larger, a separate permit must be obtained; FEE: $50.00
3) Food vendors will need to apply for a $100.00 Temporary Food Establishment Permit with the Town of Trophy Club.
4) Food vendors will need to be inspected by the Trophy Club Fire Marshal for fire extinguishers and a fire suppression system.
5) One banner sign is allowed on the event site, not to exceed 50 sqft. No signs shall be allowed in the right of way, medians or town property. Prior to placement of a special event sign any person or entity placing such a sign on private property shall receive approval from the property owner. Directional signs are prohibited as well.
1) Do you wish to use Town marketing and communications resources to promote your event?
Applicant agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Town, its officers, agents, and employees from and against all liability for any and all claims, suits, demands, and/or actions for damages, injuries to persons (including death), property damage (including loss of use), and expenses including court costs and attorney’s fees and other reasonable costs occasioned by or arising out of Applicant’s use of public spaces and/or activities conducted in connection with or incidental to the requested permit and arising out of or resulting from the intentional acts or negligence of Applicant, its officers, agents, employees or persons participating in the event sponsored by Applicant.
Applicant further agrees that they shall, at all times, exercise reasonable precautions on behalf of, and be solely responsible for the safety of its officers, agents, employees, participants, visitors, and other persons, as well as their property, while in or on the public spaces or involved in activities in connection with or incidental to the permitted use of the public spaces under this permit. It is expressly understood and agreed that the Town shall not be liable or responsible for the negligence of the Applicant, their agents, servants, employees, customers, visitors, and participants.
Applicant further agrees that this indemnity provision shall be considered as an additional remedy for the Town and not as an exclusive remedy.
I certify that the information contained in the foregoing application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and
belief that I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the rules and regulations governing the proposed Special Event
under the Trophy Club Municipal Code and I understand that this application is made subject to the rules and regulations
established by the Town Council and/or the Town Manager or the Town Manager’s designee. Applicant agrees to comply will
all other requirements of the Town, County, State, U.S. Corps of Engineers, Federal Government, and any other
applicable entity which may pertain to the use of the Event venue and the conduct of the Event. In the event that a
possessory interest subject to property taxation is created by virtue of this use permit, I agree to pay all posses-sory interest
taxes and the Town shall not be liable for the payment of such taxes I further agree that the payment of any such taxes shall
not reduce any consideration paid to the Town pursuant to this use permit. I agree to abide by these rules, and further
certify that I, on behalf of the Host Organization, am also authorized to commit that organization, and therefore agree to be
financially responsible for any costs and fees that may be incurred by or on behalf of the Event to the Town of Trophy Club.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field