Traveling through Trophy Club as safely and as quickly as possible has been a long-standing priority for the Town. In 1997 a Street Initiative identified streets in need of repairs and prioritized the streets to be repaired first. The Street Initiative was updated in 2016 and identified Trophy Club Drive as a priority in addition to portions of Indian Creek Drive, Phoenix Drive, Sundance Court, and Meadowbrook Lane. These streets were selected based on various factors such as age, wear and tear among other factors.
Fast forward to fall 2019, the contractor working on Phoenix and Indian Creek is near complete while the other contractor working on Sundance Court is finishing completion three weeks ahead of schedule. This means the contractor completing Sundance Court is ready to turn their attention to Trophy Club Drive. Here are the nuts and bolts of what to expect during this phase of construction.
For all questions
Please contact Tommy Uzee, Director of Community Development 682.237.2915 or [email protected]
What’s going to happen?
- Trophy Club Drive will be fully replacing the pavement including the curbs of the WEST side of the SOUTHBOUND lane to the median of the same from Bobcat Blvd to Durango Drive.
- No storm drain, water or sewer lines will be involved in this construction.
- Two-way traffic will be placed on the NORTHBOUND lane until the project is complete and all intersecting streets with median openings will remain active to the northbound lane used for all travel.
- A left-turn lane will be added to Durango Drive from the northbound lane.
What can I expect?
- Construction began on October 31.
- Trophy Club Drive will have all concrete replaced including the curbs (west side to the island) on the southbound lane.
- Two-way traffic will be on the northbound lane during construction, between Bobcat Boulevard and Durango Drive.
- A left turn lane from Trophy Club Drive will be added to the northbound lanes for access to Durango Drive.
- Construction is scheduled for completion by May 11, 2020.
Town Hall Meeting Video
Learn more about the project from the contractors and architects directly. Each attended a Town Hall Meeting on October 30, 2019, to layout plans and answer questions.