News Flash Home
The original item was published from 8/27/2019 2:10:00 PM to 9/24/2019 5:29:13 PM.
TC News & Information
Posted on: August 13, 2019
[ARCHIVED] SIGN UP NOW for the 2019 Citizen's Fire Academy
Trophy Club Fire Department hosts a Citizens Fire Academy annually in September – October. If interested, graduates of the class are eligible to participate in the TCEVA (Trophy Club Emergency Volunteer Association), a group that supports the Fire and Police Departments. Potential candidates for the Citizens Fire Academy must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum age of 18
- Live or work in the Trophy Club area
- No prior felony arrest
- No history of Class B or greater misdemeanor
Overview of the Citizens Fire Academy
Designed for adults to learn about how the fire department is organized and operates, the Citizens Fire Academy is open to persons who meet the minimum requirements. The CFA will meet one night a week for several weeks with graduation being held on the final evening.
Additional practical exercises may be available, depending on group interest and availability.
Each night, CFA participants learn about different aspects of the fire department, ranging from emergency medical services to special rescue operations. This is not a certification course.
- Course Dates and Times: Starting September 19th, 2019
- Class Day and Times: Thursdays from 7:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. (classes last between one and three hours, depending on the topic). There will also be one Saturday morning class scheduled for an opportunity to fight a LIVE fire at a training facility. Attendance is critical (the information learned at CFA will be utilized during live-fire operations)
- Location: Fire Department Training Room
- Contact Captain Gary Sipes at 682-237-2939 for more information.
SIGN UP HERE
Contact Captain Gary Sipes at 682-237-2939 for more information or visit Citizen's Fire Academy HERE