Last year eleven Trophy Club neighborhoods joined more than 16,000 communities nationwide in celebrating National Night Out, an annual community-strengthening campaign that promotes, builds, and reinforces partnerships between law enforcement, City officials, and the community.
Although each National Night Out event in Town has its own personal touch, all have key elements in common: neighbors coming together as one, crime and drug prevention awareness and education, community resources, food and fun, and the importance of police-City-community partnerships, with each sending the consistent message to criminals that we in Trophy Club we stand united, organized, and poised to fight back against crime and drugs.
Your neighborhood is invited to participate with many other neighborhoods across the country in celebration of National Night Out on Tuesday evening, October 1, 2019. Deadline for registration is September 23, 2019.
How Can YOU Get Involved/Participate?
Is your neighborhood part of a homeowners' association or neighborhood association? If so, there's a good chance that your neighborhood may already be hosting one! Or, are you interested in hosting a National Night Out on your block? Please contact Officer Shereen Contreras at (682) 237-2957 or [email protected]. It just takes a couple of neighbors joining forces, opening up their garages and/or driveways, inviting fellow neighbors/family members/friends, having a potluck, and getting to know one another!
Organize a Block Party - It's Easy to Do!
- Get together and decide on a place. One or two families can plan and rotate each year
- Send out a flyer/email/poster to your neighbors
- Complete a Registration Form for your party and submit it to the Trophy Club Police Department so police, town officials, and other emergency personnel can visit your party!
- Everyone brings snacks, drinks, hot dogs or just yourselves
- Gather on National Night Out at the designated spot
- Get to know your neighbors and have a BLAST!
Thanks to your hard work and commitment in the past, the State of Texas has won the National Night Out State Category Award every year!
Send us materials on your NNO Party
During the Event:
- Take lots of pictures of your event to include neighbors along with law enforcement, firefighters and EMS all together with an NNO sign or logo in the photo.
- Make sure the pictures contain the NNO sign or flyer that is readable
After the Event:
- Submit all photos, press clippings, flyers, newsletters, and other promotional materials to [email protected]
- In addition to submitting photos, for consideration for the NNO State Book, please upload them directly to #TXNNO18.
Help strengthen law enforcement and citizen contact. Your cooperation makes our community a safer place to live.
The Trophy Club Police Department is a nationally registered participant of National Night Out. Registration is free and gives the police and town representatives an opportunity to attend local events as time and circumstances permit.