Trophy Club, TX (February 24, 2021) – Last night at the Trophy Club Town Council Meeting, the Town of Trophy Club Fire Department was awarded the 2020 Achievement of Excellence Gold Level Award.
Texas Fire Marshal’s Association (TXFMA) President John Paul Erskine Stated, "I am very excited and proud to present this Gold Level Award to the City of Trophy Club Fire Department whose hard work in fire prevention activities has earned such a prestigious award through their dedication and professionalism which is the cornerstone of this award, association, and its members".
The Achievement of Excellence in Fire Prevention Award ("AEFP Award") is an annual award to recognize organizations for performance excellence in fire prevention. Established in 2008, the AEFP Award is administered by the Texas Fire Marshal's Association (TxFMA"), the official State Chapter of the International Fire Marshal's Association.
To successfully receive the "Achievement of Excellence in Fire Prevention" award, the applicant must obtain a total of at least 125 points for Bronze Level/ 150 points for Silver/ 175 points for Gold out of a possible 200 points.
- Authority, organization, and ethics 25 possible points
- Fire and Life safety programs 50 possible points
- Performance metrics and CQI program 25 possible points
- Web-based communications and automation 25 possible points
- Certification, education, and development 25 possible points
- Professional organizations 25 possible points
- Fire prevention legislation or ordinances 15 possible points
- Taskforce and other cooperative programs 10 possible points
Total possible points 200 possible points - Trophy Club Score 175.8
Fire Chief J. Taylor said, "On the heels of our recent ISO-1 designation for the community, I am very proud of TCFD receiving the designation as a Gold Level Achievement of Excellence in Fire Prevention organization. This shows our dedication to the Fire Prevention Triad, Prevention, Fire Education, and Fire Investigation. This is also a credit to the Community Risk Reduction programs put in place by our Fire Marshal, Deputy Chief Gary Cochran”.
Trophy Club joins one of only three gold award departments in the state of Texas this year!
PHOTOS FROM TOWN COUNCIL 2/23/2021: