Trophy Club, TX (December 26, 2020) – The Town of Trophy Club and Republic Services are offering a Christmas tree recycling program for residents starting December 24, 2020. To make disposing of your tree simple, there are two convenient options that will be available:
- RECYCLE: Bare Christmas trees can be dropped off December 26, 2020, through January 14, 2021, at Harmony Park at 699 Indian Creek Drive, or at the parking lot of the Community Pool at 500 Parkview Drive. Please place trees in the marked dumpsters.
- DISPOSAL: Residents can place bare Christmas trees curbside to be taken to the landfill by 7 a.m. on normal trash pickup days (Saturday, December 26 and Saturday, January 02 dates reflect the one day delay for holiday trash removal). Trees placed curbside on trash collection days will be put in the landfill and not recycled. If the tree is taller than 5 feet, please cut it in half.
In order for trees to be recycled, they should be free of tinsel, ornaments, bags, plastic, and stands. Flocked trees are not accepted for mulching but can be placed at your curb for regular trash collection.
The Town of Trophy Club is committed to protecting our natural resources, promoting environmentally-friendly lifestyles and business practices, and encouraging everyone who lives in, works in, and visits Trophy Club to "think green."
Other Holiday Recycling Tips
Americans throw away more trash during the holiday season than any other time of year. The good news is much of it can be recycled.
- All types of cardboard boxes should be flattened and placed in your recycle cart. Cut larger boxes into smaller pieces so they fit loosely inside the cart. Carts that are overstuffed may not empty completely. Boxes left next to recycle carts will be collected with trash and won’t be recycled.
- Most wrapping paper is recyclable and can be placed in your curbside recycling cart as long as it doesn’t have ribbons, bows, or other decorations attached.
- Wrapping paper that includes foil or glitter cannot be recycled.
- Tissue paper cannot be recycled.
- Greeting cards and envelopes are also recyclable, as long as they are not musical and do not contain foil or glitter or have other decorations attached.
- Christmas lights and decorations that are broken should be placed in the regular garbage.
- Artificial Christmas trees and wreaths are not recyclable.
For more information about trash and recycling collection in Trophy Club, please visit: https://www.trophyclub.org/373/Trash-Recycling