The Trophy Club 2020 Fall Garage Sale will be on Saturday, October 17, 2020. The Garage sale hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., rain or shine.
Garage sale permits cost $20 and are available leading up to the event at the Sassy Flamingo and Tom Thumb until October 16, 2020. Net proceeds from permit sales benefit the scholarship program for graduating high school seniors.
Maps will be available for download on the evening before the sale at either http://www.mytcwc.org/community-events/ or https://www.facebook.com/MYTCWC/
Food & Beverage Sales
The bi-annual Trophy Club Community Garage Sale is a time for residents to clean out closets, drawers, garages, and attics to purge unwanted belongings. Selling food and beverages at garage sales is always a hot topic, but protecting the health and safety of people is the top priority.
Within Health and Safety Code parameters, residents MAY sell certain types of food and beverages:
- Commercially pre-packaged food and beverage sales are allowed as long as they do not require refrigeration
- Packaging must be properly labeled and ingredient list must be available
- The cottage food production operation bill allows for the sale of some types of prepared foods out of a residential kitchen
- Lemonade stands and other similar child-run operations are allowed per Town Ordinance 2014-33.
Residents MAY NOT see:
Potentially hazardous foods*
- "potentially hazardous food" means a food that requires time and temperature control for safety to limit pathogen growth or toxin production. The term includes food that must be held under proper temperature controls, such as refrigeration, to prevent the growth of bacteria that may cause human illness. A potentially hazardous food may include a food that contains protein and moisture and is neutral or slightly acidic, such as meat, poultry, fish, and shellfish products, pasteurized and unpasteurized milk and dairy products, raw seed sprouts, baked goods that require refrigeration, including cream or custard pies or cakes, and ice products. The term does not include a food that uses potentially hazardous food as ingredients if the final food product does not require time or temperature control for safety to limit pathogen growth or toxin production.
The State of Texas has adopted laws regulating requirements for the sale of prepared foods (Health and Safety Code, Title 6, Subtitle A, Chapter 437) and the Town does not have the authority to adopt an ordinance that would override those state requirements. State law does not provide an exception that will allow residents to sell prepared foods without first meeting all health code requirements. Residents who wish to sell food at a Community-wide Garage Sale must follow the guidelines per state law. The Town does not advocate the distribution of food in any manner other than in compliance with local and state law. For more information, visit the Texas Department of State Health Services website.
About the TCWC
The TCWV members donate time to fundraising events, participate or lead group committees, and make lifetime friendships during their monthly activities.
Their Mission is to welcome newcomers to Trophy Club, promote new friendships, foster social contacts and participate in community and charitable communities.
Please consider Trophy Club Women’s Club, Inc. a 501(c)(3) organization, when making tax-deductible contributions. Their partnership with sponsors allows them to continue their wonderful tradition of giving back to the community.
For more information about the Trophy Club Women’s Club, please visit their website HERE.