The Trophy Club Town Council is currently seeking residents who are willing to spend a few hours a month to serve their community.
These important Parks & Recreation Board committee members are comprised of residents who want to play a more active role and to provide direct citizen input to the Parks and Recreation Director for the development of parks and recreational facilities with the Town.
Tony Jaramillo, Director of the Parks & Recreation Department stated, "We enjoy collaboratively working with our Park Board Members and achieving the Towns’ goals together."
The following methodology and projects are examples of areas in which the Parks & Recreation Board provides input and direction for staff:
- Adopt and recommend additional rules to Council as necessary
- Advise and recommend the development of long-range capital improvement programs
- Advisory capacity to council
- Advisory capacity to parks and recreation director
- Annual reports to Town Council
- Cooperate with other governmental agencies, civic organizations and all citizens of the Town in the advancement of sound parks and recreation planning and programming
- Recommend to Town Council amendments to the Parks and Recreation Ordinance
- Review and recommend the proposed budget for the parks and recreation department
- Study and development of recreation areas
- Develop and recommend written policies and procedures to Town Council
- Recommend standards for areas, facilities, programs, and financial support
- Review the master planning guide and become familiar with such a plan
- Solicit grants
Town Manager, Steve Norwood said, "Service above self is rewarding in so many ways. I invite our residents to join us in working with each other, our businesses, our schools and with our staff and elected officials to make Trophy Club the best it can be."
If you are interested in joining the Town leadership, please apply and be a crucial part of Trophy Club. Applications are currently being accepted and our Interim Town Secretary, Sharon David is excited to receive your online application.
For more information, please visit the Parks & Recreation Board page or contact Tony Jaramillo at [email protected]