Town Council Special Session Recap – July 12, 2023: The following is a recap of the most prominent topics addressed during the July 12th, 2023, Town Council Special Session Meeting.
Public Comments - This is an opportunity for citizens to address the Council on any matter. The Council is not permitted to take discuss or take action on any presentations made to the Council.
- There were no speakers for public comment.
Announcements and Reports -
- Andrie Krahl, Manager of Public Affairs for Atmos Energy, presented a check to the Fire Department. Thanks to a charitable donation from Atmos Energy, the Trophy Club Fire Department will now have additional tools in the toolbox for natural gas detection.
The natural gas distribution company is helping our first responder agency purchase two combustible gas leak detectors. Capable of detecting minute amounts of natural gas, the device will help firefighters confirm the presence of potentially dangerous natural gas in the area, identify the source of the leak, and determine if evacuation of the immediate area is needed. In fact, these combustible gas leak detectors are the same equipment used by Atmos personnel. TCFD firefighters have responded to 38 gas leak incidents over the past 31 months.
For questions, please contact Fire Chief Jason Wise at [email protected].
Regular Agenda – The following items were discussed on the regular agenda:
- A discussion on the MUD Fire Station transfer of function took place. Interim Town Manager Arata discussed three possible options for Town Council to consider including; 1- Taking over full ownership of the Fire Department, 2 – Entering into a revised Interlocal Agreement (ILA) with the Trophy Club Municipal Utility District No. 1 (TCMUD No.1) with mutually agreed upon terms, 3 – Splitting the EMS/Fire Department up and reestablishing it as it was originally with the TCMUD No. 1.
After discussion, direction was provided to move forward with Option 2 - Enter into a revised Interlocal Agreement (ILA) with the Trophy Club Municipal Utility District No. 1 (TCMUD No.1) with mutually agreed upon terms. For questions about the TCMUD No. 1 and the Fire Department, please contact Interim Town Manager Patrick Arata at [email protected].
- Consideration and approval of a proposed amendment to the Fiscal Year 2022-2023 (FY 23) Budget. The action was to correct funds related to property tax and other revenue fund adjustments. For questions about the Town Budget and Finance practices, please contact Director of Finance April Duvall at [email protected].
- Consideration and approval of a proposed amendment to the Fiscal Year 2022-2023 (FY 23) Budget. The action was to correct the tax rate calculated on the budget to 0.434799. For questions about the Town Budget and Finance practices, please contact Director of Finance April Duvall at [email protected].
- Discussion was held regarding annexing the Public Improvement District (PID) into the Trophy Club MUD No. 1. (TCMUD No. 1). After discussion about the possibility of doing so, Town Council provided direction to not move forward on the matter. For questions, please get in touch with Patrick Arata at [email protected].
The meeting experienced a continuation of technical difficulties with both the Facebook and YouTube live streams. As a result, the July 12, 2023, Special Town Council Meeting did not have a live stream feed. The full video recording is available on YouTube as well as the Town Website while we continue to work through these issues. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
To see the entire recorded meeting, please visit https://www.youtube.com/@TrophyClubGov or www.trophyclub.org/CouncilMeetingVideos
As a reminder, the July 25, 2023, Town Council meeting will be the LAST Tuesday meeting as they are moving to Mondays at 6:00 PM beginning August 14, 2023.