Hazardous Waste Community Clean Up
2022 Hazardous Waste Clean-Up Dates
- April 30, 2022
- October 29, 2022
- 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Byron Nelson High School Parking Lot - SEE MAP HERE
Community Clean-Up Event
The Community Clean-Up Event is sponsored by the Town of Trophy Club and provided by Republic Services as a safe and convenient way to dispose of your unwanted household hazardous waste and to prevent pollution. Because household chemicals are dangerous to garbage collectors and the environment, they cannot be placed on the curb for regular trash pickup. Chemical waste that is dumped illegally on vacant property or in storm drains will make its way to area creeks and lakes, polluting the water and the fish that live in the creeks and lakes.
Residents are encouraged to dispose of their hazardous waste free of charge at the biannual Community Clean-Up Events held in the Spring and Fall. The event is available to Trophy Club residents only (must have current water bill as proof of residency). Dumpsters, electronics recycling, shredding, and household hazardous waste disposal will be available for residents. Please be aware that pharmaceuticals are not accepted at the Community Clean-Up.
Republic Services provides all of the dumpsters, recycling, shredding, and household hazardous waste disposal entities for the event. Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste disposal. Republic Services stands for customer-focused simple solutions, reliability, and environmental responsibility. Through their subsidiaries, Republic’s collection operations, transfer stations, recycling processing centers, landfills, and environmental services provide effective solutions to make responsible recycling and waste disposal effortless for customers.
Fort Worth Environmental Center
Residents may also go directly to the Fort Worth Environmental Center at 6400 Bridge Street in Fort Worth, 817-392-3279. Please take your water bill as proof of residency. Learn more about electronic recycling information and options in North Texas.
Follow these important safety guidelines when transporting household hazardous waste:
- Load items in the trunk or pickup bed - never inside the car with you.
- Keep products in their original containers, when possible.
- Don’t mix chemicals.
- If a container is broken or leaking, place it in a second container made of similar material. (Place corrosives in a glass, flammables in metal.)
- If a label has come off and you know what’s inside, please mark the container to identify its contents.
- Do not put containers in a plastic bag where chemicals might mix, causing a dangerous reaction.
- Place containers in a box to keep them from tipping over.
- When you arrive at the Event, watch for workers who will direct you where to stop for unloading.
- Stay in your car, pop the trunk latch, and workers will remove items for you. Be sure to tell workers if there’s anything you don’t want to be removed.
- Be prepared to show your water bill and fill out a brief form, indicating where you live and how you heard about the event.
- Aerosol cans
- All batteries
- Brake fluid
- Craft and hobby chemicals
- Degreasers drain cleaner
- Fluorescent lights
- Household cleaners
- Motor Oil
- Oil filters
- Photo chemicals
- Pool chemicals
- Transmission fluid
Non-Acceptable Items Include:
- Biological, etiologic and infectious materials
- Building materials
- Compressed flammable gas containers
- Explosives or potentially shock sensitive materials
- Medical waste
- Propane and butane cylinders
- Radioactive materials (i.e. smoke detectors)
- Waste generated by business
- Wastes from commercial, agricultural and industrial sources