HUNTING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED IN TROPHY CLUB PARK.
The United States Corps of Engineers, Grapevine Lake, has outlined strict guidelines for hunters in and around Trophy Club Park. While important information is provided here, please check the USACE Grapevine Hunting website for more details.
Hunting seasons are determined by the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department. For a full list of hunting season dates, please visit the TPWD Hunting Seasons website. Trophy Club Park and it's surrounding areas are located within the "North" zone.
|ANIMAL||REGULAR SEASON DATES||YOUTH/VETERAN SEASON DATES|
|Duck||Nov. 11-26, 2023 & Dec. 2, 2023 - Jan. 28, 2023||Nov. 4-5, 2023|
USACE Hunting Map
While hunting at Trophy Club Park is prohibited, the USACE has published an interactive map to help outline where hunting is legal. A PDF version of this map can be downloaded here USACE Hunting Map USACE Hunting Map.
UPDATE: Grapevine Lake’s Hunting map has been updated to clear up some common areas of confusion. The waterfowl zone has been split into two zones along with adding a few small no hunting zones where hunting was already illegal. This does not change any of our enforcement but rather clears things up so we do not run into issues we have been seeing. The “Waterfowl Hunting – Watercraft” zone is only permitted to be hunted by watercraft only. No hunting from shore is allowed in said zone. The other waterfowl area does permit hunting the lake from shore. This has already been a rule of thumb but we did not feel it was clearly stated before.
Licenses & Rules
Adopted from the USACE Grapevine Lake website. Applications for Hunting Licenses should be obtained and submitted to the USACE Grapevine Lake.
800 General hunting permits will be issued on a first come-first serve for all legal game identified by TPWD for Denton County (excluding white-tail deer and waterfowl). Applications will be accepted and issued starting Tuesday 15 August 2023 until they are all issued. The application MUST be submitted on-line in PDF format. (See TPWD Outdoor Annual for species and season dates). Hunters must follow all Federal and State hunting laws and regulations.
Lake Wide Special Restrictions:
- White-tailed Deer and feral hog hunting are by archery only (includes crossbows).
- All other legal game may be taken with a shotgun using shot size not larger than #2.
- You must be 600 feet from homes, developed parks, roads and farm/ranch yards while hunting. This includes Trophy Club Park and its shoreline!
- Shooting for fun, practice or at targets is prohibited.
- Night hunting is not allowed.
- Trapping of any kind is prohibited
- Sport chasing with dogs is prohibited
- Non-bark penetrating portable tree stands as well as free standing stands are allowed. However, any blinds/tree stands used must be completely removed from project lands upon completion of each hunting day
- HUNTERS ORANGE: Hunters must wear at least 400 square inches of hunters orange material when hunting and are also required to wear some type of orange head wear. Hunters exempt from this requirement are : persons hunting deer or turkey or feral hog or waterfowl and migratory birds. Hunter orange is highly recommended for hunter’s safety.
- Possession of manual or electronic varmint calling devices, baits, or lures is prohibited while hunting. Again, no baiting of any kind !!!
- Waterfowl decoys are allowed!
500 permits are issued first come-first serve basis. Permits will be issued to applicants with a properly filled out Grapevine Waterfowl Hunting Application. Applications will be accepted and issued starting 1 August 2023 until they are all issued. (THEY MAY TAKE A WHILE TO BE DISPERSED. PLEASE HAVE PATIENCE WITH THE PROCESS). The application MUST be submitted on-line. All applications received before 1 August 2023 will be thrown out. Shooting hours end at noon each day of the season. (See TPWD Outdoor Annual for season dates per species). Hunters must follow all Federal and State hunting laws and regulations.