Town Council General Election - May 01, 2021
The purpose of the election is to elect a Town Council Member for Place 3 and Place 4. Candidates can drop off their application to the Town Secretary's office Monday - Friday from 8 AM - 5PM.
If you have any questions, please contact the Town Secretary’s Office at 682-237-2903 or by email for additional questions.
- Place 3
- Place 4
Notice to File for May Election:
Candidate Packet for May Election:
- May 01, 2021 - General Election - Candidate Packet
- Additional requirements are set forth in Article III, Section 3.02, of the Trophy Club Town Charter and are as follows: (a) Each person who becomes a candidate for Councilmember shall meet the following qualifications:
(1) be at least eighteen (18) years of age on the first day of the form to be filed;
(2) be a citizen of the United States;
(3) be a qualified voter of the Town;
(4) reside and have resided for at least twelve (12) months preceding the election within the corporate limits of the Town;
(5) no candidate may file for more than one office or position number per election;
(6) no employee of the Town shall continue in such position after becoming a candidate for a Town elective office; and,
(7) if any sitting Councilmember files to become a candidate for another public office, he shall resign his current seat upon filing for the new office.
Early Voting and Election Day voting location information will be posted at a later date. If you have any questions about the upcoming May 01, 2021, General Election for Town Council Place 3 and Place 4, please contact the Town Secretary’s Office at 682-237-2903 or by email for additional questions.
About Town Council:
The Town Council serves as a link between the residents of Trophy Club and their municipal government. The Town of Trophy Club operates under a council-manager form of government as approved by voters through the adoption of the Town of Trophy Club Charter.
The Trophy Club Charter provides that the Trophy Club Town Council shall consist of the Mayor and six Council members elected by numbered places and are elected at-large by the registered voters of Trophy Club to serve three-year, staggered terms of office.
Councilors help constituents by connecting them to resources, services, and Town departments. Town Council also administers the Town's goals, major projects, and infrastructure improvements ranging from community growth to land use to finances and strategic planning. They serve as advocates for all Trophy Club residents.