Trash & Recycling
Garbage, brush/bulk, and recycling services are provided by Republic Services.
Residential waste must be set out no earlier than 7 p.m. the evening before pick up and no later than 7 a.m. on collection day. All trash containers and recycle bins must be put away no later than 7 a.m. the day following pick up.
To report problems with trash or recycle collection, please contact Republic Services directly at 817-332-7301.
Scheduled trash collection is on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Residents are allowed two options for trash collection:
- Trash collected in bags that are carried directly to the curb
- Trash collected in bags and placed inside a container no larger than 50-gallons
Please note: trash placed inside a container must be bagged (no loose garbage in a bin), trash bag weight cannot exceed 50 pounds each and the container cannot be larger than 50 gallons or Republic will not pick up the refuse.
Holiday Pick Up
Trash and recycling collection for holidays that fall on the Friday of a normal collection day will move by one day to Saturday. This includes the week of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the week of New Years' in 2021.
THANKSGIVING SCHEDULE – Friday, November 26, 2021 Service normally provided on Friday will shift to Saturday
CHRISTMAS SCHEDULE – Saturday, December 25, 2021 Service normally provided on Tuesday and Friday will operate as normal
NEW YEARS SCHEDULE – Saturday, January 1, 2022 Service normally provided on Tuesday and Friday will operate as normal
Brush & Bulk Collection
Brush and Bulk waste will be collected on normal trash days. Brush waste needs to be bundled into 4-foot sections that weigh no more than 50 pounds.
Household Hazardous Waste
Each spring and fall the town holds a Community Clean Up event where residents can dispose of unwanted waste that is not appropriate for regular trash pick up. Services include electronics recycling, document shredding, dumpsters for large items and the Crud Cruiser for hazardous household waste.
Scheduled recycle collection on Fridays only. Place all recyclables into blue, 18-gallon recycle bins; no presorting, bagging or bundling is necessary. Recycling bins and lids are available for Trophy Club residents at the Permitting Office in the Public Works Building (1 Trophy Wood Drive).
The following items are acceptable recyclable materials:
- All colors of glass
- Aluminum cans
- Cardboard and cereal boxes
- Paper, newspaper, magazines, telephone books and junk mail
- Plastic bottles and containers labeled 1,2,3,4,5 and 7
- Tin and metal cans
The following items are unacceptable recyclable materials:
- Aluminum Foil
- Bubble Wrap
- Car Tires
- Disposable Diapers
- Kitchen Waste
- Paper and cardboard products that are wet or contaminated with food waste
- Plastic Bags including Grocery Bags
- Plate Glass
- Waxed Cartons
- Yard Waste
Many Grocery Stores including Albertsons, Kroger, Tom Thumb, and Wal-Mart provide recycling bins for plastic grocery bags.
- Overflow - If you typically have an overflow, please stop by the Permitting Desk for an additional recycling bin.
- Windy Days - Please place recycle bin lid or heavier weight recyclable material on top of your recyclables to help keep recyclables in the bin.
- Rainy Days - Recyclables become contaminated (and must be thrown in the trash) if they get wet, so please use the recycle bin lid if rain is forecasted.
For more information, visit our Recycling Information Center.