Open Records Requests
The Trophy Club Police Department maintains records generated from police action or response of the Trophy Club Police including arrest, offense, and accident reports. Copies of reports may be obtained by contacting the Police Department during normal business hours. The majority of information contained in police reports is considered public information by law and is available to citizens and the media with some limitations.
Open Records Request Form
An Open Records Request Form is a document that permits Town personnel to more efficiently respond to a request for documents.
Information Not Available
The following types of information are not public and will either not be provided or will be redacted from reports that are provided:
- All information related to a juvenile involved in a criminal act,
- Names of victims of sex crimes and details related to these crimes,
- The names of suspects involved in a criminal offense who have not yet been arrested,
- Information pertaining to an ongoing investigation if the release of the information could prevent the arrest and prosecution of a suspect,
- All information relating to child abuse victims.
Individuals needing copies of records or documents should submit an Open Records Request Form to the Police Department. Texas law permits 10 business days to reply to a public information request and some fees may be required depending on the number of copies and time involved to research the information.
Copies will be $0.10 for each page after 10 pages. For 50 or more pages, the charge shall be $0.10 for each page plus personnel time charged at $15 per hour (nonstandard size copies are more). Copies of police videos are $10 per recording plus $1 per full minute of body-worn camera video or audio footage responsive to the request for information. Traffic Accident/Crash Reports are $6.
- Per Texas Administrative Code, Office of the Attorney General; 1 TAC, Part 3, Chapter 10; Cost of Copies of Public Information. Active records must exist; no compiling or creation will be made.
- Information requiring extensive research will be charged $15 per hour.
Note: This request form makes no guarantee that the information being requested will be subject to public inspection and the Town of Trophy Club reserves the right to assert any statutory exemption under the Open Records Act or any other applicable laws governing disclosure. This form does not apply if medical records are being sought.
Julie SwartzSenior Administrative Assistant
1 Trophy Wood Drive
Trophy Club, TX 76262
1 Trophy Wood Drive Trophy Club TX 76262
Phone: 682-237-2960Fax: 682-237-2997Emergency Phone: 911
24-Hour Non-Emergency: 972-434-5500, option 9
Calls to the 911 or the non-emergency number go to the Denton County Sheriff's Department, which is the dispatch for Trophy Club Police Department.Hours
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.