The Town Governance Officer is responsible for conducting municipal elections as prescribed by the Texas Election Code and the Town Charter.
The governing and lawmaking body of the Town shall consist of a Mayor and six Council Members who shall be elected for Terms of Three Years. The Mayor and Council Members will be Elected At-Large by Place.
Trophy Club is located in two counties; the majority of Town Residents reside in Denton County but there are approximately 150 homes that fall under Tarrant County's Jurisdiction. To register to vote, simply fill out a voter registration application and mail it at least 30 Days before the election date to the voter registrar in your county of residence (either Denton or Tarrant County).
Municipal elections are held annually in May as authorized by State Law. The next Town of Trophy Club Election will be:
- May 7, 2022: for Town Council Place 5 and 6
- First Day to File for a Place on the Ballot is January 19, 2022 through February 18, 2022 by 5 PM.
- Early Voting by Personal Appearance begins April 25, 2022 through May 3, 2022.
- Voting Locations to be Determined.
- Election Day Voting on May 7, 2022 to be Determined.
QUALIFICATIONS TO RUN FOR TOWN COUNCIL
Town of Trophy Club Home Rule Charter, Section 3.02
Texas Local Government Code, Section 141.001
STATE LAW IDENTIFIES THE FILING PERIOD AS
- First day to file an application for place on ballot - 108th day before election
- Last day to file an application for place on ballot - 78th day before election
To Register to Vote:
To confirm your voter registration status, you may select one of two methods to perform a search:
- Your Voter Unique Identification (VUID) number, which appears on your voter registration certificate
- Your first and last name, and date of birth