The Town Governance Officer is responsible for conducting municipal elections as prescribed by the Texas Election Code and the Town Charter.
The governing and lawmaking body of the Town shall consist of a Mayor and six Council Members who shall be elected for Terms of Three Years. The Mayor and Council Members will be Elected At-Large by Place.
Trophy Club is located in two counties; most Town Residents reside in Denton County, but there are approximately 150 homes that fall under Tarrant County's Jurisdiction. To register to vote, simply fill out a voter registration application and mail it at least 30 days before the election date to the voter registrar in your county of residence (either Denton or Tarrant County).
NEXT MUNICIPAL ELECTION INFORMATION
Municipal elections are held annually in May as authorized by State Law. The next Town of Trophy Club Election will be:
- Open Positions: Mayor of Trophy Club and Town Council Place 1 and 2
- Filing for Place on Ballot: January 18 - February 17, 2023, by 5 PM.
- Early Voting by Personal Appearance: April 24 - May 03, 2023 (Voting locations TBD)
- Election Day Voting: May 06, 2023 (Voting locations TBD)
QUALIFICATIONS TO RUN FOR TOWN COUNCIL
TC STATE LAW IDENTIFIES THE FILING PERIOD AS
- First day to file an application for a place on the ballot - 108th day before the election
- Last day to file an application for a place on the ballot - 78th day before the election
- NOTICE TO FILE INFORMATION
- To Register to Vote:
- Confirm your voter registration status, (you may select one of two methods to perform a search):
- Your Voter Unique Identification (VUID) number, which appears on your voter registration certificate
- Your first and last name and date of birth