The Town Secretary's Office is responsible for conducting municipal elections as prescribed by the Election Code of the State of Texas and the Town Charter.
The governing and lawmaking body of the town shall consist of the mayor and six council members who shall be elected for terms of three years. All places, including the mayor, will be elected from the Town at large by place.
Trophy Club is located in dual counties; the majority of town lies in Denton County but there are approximately 150 homes that fall under Tarrant County jurisdiction. To register to vote, simply fill out a voter registration application and mail it at least 30 days before the election date to the voter registrar in your county of residence (either Denton or Tarrant County).
Future Municipal Elections
Municipal elections are held annually in May as authorized by State Law:
- May 2020: Mayor, Place 1 and 2
- May 2021: Place 3 and 4
- May 2022: Place 5 and 6
Qualifications for serving on Town Council:
Town of Trophy Club Home Rule Charter, Section 3.02
Texas Local Government Code, Section 141.001
State law identifies the filing period as:
- First day to file an application for place on ballot - 108th day before election
- Last day to file an application for place on ballot - 78th day before election
Are you already registered?
To confirm your voter registration status, you may select one of two methods to perform a search:
- Your Voter Unique Identification (VUID) number, which appears on your voter registration certificate
- Your first and last name, and date of birth