Town Secretary's Office
The Town Secretary/Records Management Officer is one of 4 Chartered Town Officers appointed by the Mayor and Council. It is also a statutory position required by State Law and the Town Charter.
The Town Secretary/RMO provides Legislative and Administrative support to the Mayor and Council, and also responsible for the following:
- Board and Commission Appointment Process: Recruitment, Applications, and Training. A new Public Portal is currently being constructed allowing for an e-application process, a listing of all Boards/Commissions; their membership; terms, and availability due to vacancies.
- Serves as Custodian of Town Records: Maintenance and Preservation.
- Serves as Town's Municipal Elections Administrator.
- Facilitates the Preparation of Council Meeting Agendas, Packets, and Minutes.
The Town's Elections Administrator ensures the Town's Elections are being conducted in accordance with the Texas Election Code and the Town's Charter including:
- Coordination with Denton and Tarrant Counties for the Town's General/Special Elections
- Filing Authority of Candidate Applications, Candidate and Officeholder Campaign Finance Contribution/Expenditure Reports
- Drafting and Reviewing Ballot Information, Notice of Election, Ordinance(s) Calling the Election, Translation of required Election Documents
- Posting and Publishing Legal Notices, Election Notices
- Monitoring the Vote Totals on Election Day from Denton/Tarrant Counties
See election information.
Town Records (Public Information Requests)
The Town Secretary is the Custodian of all Public Records, including the preservation and maintenance of contracts, ordinances, resolutions, and minutes. The Town Secretary also serves as the Town's Records Management Officer (RMO). The RMO facilitates responses to all Public Information Requests. The Town Secretary recently implemented a system to assist with the Public Information Requests called JustFOIA that assists all departments in monitoring their respective request for timely distribution, allowing for a redaction tool and providing the requestor to pay online via PayPal.
Find more information about Town Records.
Council Meeting Agendas & Minutes
The Town Secretary coordinates, schedules, and attends all Town Council meetings and recently implemented a replacement Agenda Management System called PrimeGov. The new system replaces a legacy system with user-friendly features with a Board/Commission Component and provides the following Public Portal with documents in PDF/HTML; and Audio/Video.
View all Town Council, Board, and Commission Minutes.
View all Town Council, Board and Commission, see below: