Our Fire and EMS staff is committed to serving the community and providing the highest quality protection for our residents and their property with professionalism, expertise, and compassion. The Trophy Club Fire Department has thirteen professional firefighters, who are all certified as Paramedics.
Town of Trophy Club Minimum Requirements
Applicants wishing to become a firefighter must meet the following requirements:
- High school graduation or its equivalent
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Basic Fire Suppression Certification from the Texas Commission on Fire Protection Personnel Standards and Education or its out-of-state equivalence
- Texas Department of State Health Services or National Registry Emergency Medical Technician certification
- Texas Department of State Health Services or National Registry Emergency paramedic certification or the ability to obtain the certification within three months of hire
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
Computer/Clerical Experience (Microsoft Word/Excel, phones, file, copy)
- Valid Texas Motor Vehicle Class B Operator's License or the ability to obtain the license within 3 months of hire
- Certification of completion for physical agility testing from Tarrant County College within six months before the application due date or no more than six months after hire.
All certifications must be current and submitted at the time of application for employment to be considered.
Physical Ability Test
The Town of Trophy Club will utilize Tarrant County College (TCC) to conduct Physical Agility Testing (PAT) for Firefighter/Paramedic applicants. Upon successful completion of the physical agility test, participants will be issued a completion certificate. The Town of Trophy Club will honor the PAT certificate for six months from the date of issue when an opening for Firefighter/Paramedic is announced.
Next Agility Test Date: Please call TCC at 817-515-7719
What You Need to Do
- Check the Firefighter Careers webpage for open positions.
- Register for the PAT, if needed please call TCC at 817-515-7719
- Submit completed Notice of Interest application and PHS to HR no later than the posted closing date for the application process