Building & Inspections
The Building and Inspection Services Department is a division of the Community Development Department tasked with overseeing the building phase of development by reviewing plans, processing permits, and performing inspections. The department mission is to ensure that the construction, alteration or maintenance of buildings conforms to recognized standards for building safety and quality of life.
- Inspection cut off for next day is 3:00pm.
- Failed inspections will accrue a re-inspection fee.
- Same Day cancellations will accrue a re-inspection fee. Cancellations must be received by 5pm from the day before. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Projects & Functions
Some of the projects where permits are required include:
- Certificates of Occupancy (any time the occupant of a building or space changes)
- Commercial and residential - new construction, interior remodels, additions, alterations, and repairs
- Construction of retaining walls more than 4 feet in height
- Demolition of structures
- Driveway and sidewalk installations, fences, and walls
- Plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and construction of interior walls greater than 5 feet 10 inches in height
- Swimming pools, spas, hot tubs, accessory buildings, lawn irrigation systems, decks, and patio covers
- Temporary uses and structures such as tents, Christmas tree lots, and snow-cone stands
Other Functions of the Department include:
- Enforcement of applicable ordinances relating to the Building & Inspections Division
- Establish maximum occupant capacity
- Investigate violations and take necessary action to obtain compliance, including the issuance of citations
- Process special house-moving requests, Temporary Use Permits