It’s no secret, it gets HOT in Texas during the summer. Whether you’re working or working out, swimming in the pool or playing on the playground, it’s important to stay hydrated.
The TC firemen are setting up a lemonade stand this week to help you hydrate! Follow us on Twitter @trophyclubgov to get the details of where to find the firemen serving free lemonade.
Tips for staying hydrated from familydoctor.org:
- Keep a bottle of water with you during the day. Purchasing bottled water is expensive and creates plastic bottle waste.
- Carry a reusable water bottle and fill it from the tap instead. If you don’t like the taste of plain water, try adding a slice of lemon or lime to your drink. Be sure to drink water before, during, and after a workout.
- When you’re feeling hungry, drink water. Thirst is often confused with hunger. True hunger will not be satisfied by drinking water. Drinking water may also contribute to a healthy weight-loss plan. Some research suggests that drinking water can help you feel full.
- If you have trouble remembering to drink water, drink on a schedule. For example, drink water when you wake up; at breakfast, lunch, and dinner; and when you go to bed. Or drink a small glass of water at the beginning of each hour.
- Drink water when you go to a restaurant. It will keep you hydrated, and it’s free!