Posted by Jill Lind on Oct 01, 2018
Town ordinances no longer require a dog to be registered in the Town of Trophy Club. However, there is a value in having dogs registered in the database system.
Why register your dog?
Trophy Club utilizes a database where the information from your registration form is inputted. In just the last three months, TCPD Animal Control Officer, Kristyn Dobson, has successfully found a dog’s owner based on the description of the dog and the cross-street locations where the dog was found through a query in the database. The dog was registered but not wearing its tags. This database is very robust and it can be accessed from all police vehicle computers.
The goal is to get your pets home as quickly as possible and registration can make a difference AND it’s FREE to Trophy Club Residents.
Tips About Registering Your Dog:
- Microchip your pet and keep the information current. Always have back up phone numbers in place. Not sure if your pet’s information is up to date – can’t locate their chip number to validate? Your vet or any PetSmart or PetCo can scan your dog so you can check with the microchip company. Local advocate, Susan Edstrom, also has a scanner and can assist.
- Obtain Town tags – why not? It’s FREE.
- After visits from your pool/lawn or service provider, check your fence latches.
- After storms, check latches on gates to make sure they haven’t gotten loose.
- When the family is visiting or deliveries are made, put your dog in a safe area where they can’t bolt through a door that’s being held open longer than usual.
To register your pet, contact Kristyn Dobson @ 682.237.2969 or KDobson@trophyclub.org
To report a lost or found pet, contact 972-434-5500 option 9. For posting to all Trophy Club Facebook pages, text the following to 817-647-5771 for lost dogs: a photo of your dog, the dog’s name, cross streets where last seen, if the dog is chipped/wearing tags and a phone where someone can contact you. For a found dog send a photo, cross streets where found and a contact phone # to 817-647-5771.
REGISTER ROVER – It will get your pet back home to you faster!