The Trophy Club Fire Department has partnered with Cook Children’s to promote water safety. Visit cookchildrens.org to review proper water safety and drowning prevention.
Did you know that Texas is #1 in the nation for child pool drownings? Prepare for the swim season with these simple steps:
- Install four-sided fences with self-latching gates.
- Use pool/door/child alarms.
- Wear life vests with U.S. Coast Guard-approved labels.
- Insist on adult, non-distracted Water Watchers.
- Take family CPR lessons.
- Schedule water safety and swim lessons.
- Create and follow all pool rules.
- Update pool drains and cleaning systems.