Trophy Club is a town driven by volunteer involvement and participation. Do you know a TC resident who has gone above and beyond to make Trophy Club “a great place to call home”? It’s time to submit nominations for the 2016 Citizen of the Year (COY)! The deadline to submit your nomination is Friday, April 14, 2017.
Citizen of the Year includes two categories: Adult & Youth.
2016 Nomination Form.
Nominations are based upon the criteria below:
• Must be a Trophy Club resident
• Must not receive compensation for their contribution
• Elected Officials of the Town are not eligible
• Staff members of the Town are not eligible
• Recognition should be for service performed during 2016
Nomination information needs to include an explanation outlining the following:
• How he/she went "above and beyond" within our community
• Specific benefits as a result of their endeavors; individuals or groups
• Testimonials from others; details on how the community, school or organization benefited from the individual's work. If available, time volunteered, money raised or money saved through their actions
• Name, Address and Phone Number of Nominee
• Name, Address and Phone Number of Nominator
Evaluation & Selection Process - The Citizen of Year Committee reviews the nominees and selects a Citizen of the Year and Youth Citizen of the Year. Any member of the committee sharing a close, personal relationship with a nominee (such as a relative, etc.) must recuse themselves from voting. The committee is comprised of former COY recipients.
Adult Citizen of the Year - recognized for their outstanding work with a non-profit organization (for example raising funds, coordinating philanthropic events for the organization, overseeing distribution of funds, etc.), work in schools, local government, parent/teacher organizations, etc.
Youth Citizen of the Year - a citizen 18 years or younger who made a difference in our community or schools.
Recognition - Nominees and recipients will be acknowledged at the April 25 Town Council meeting and through Town of Trophy Club communication channels. The Adult and Youth recipients will receive an award commemorating the honor and have a place of honor on a float (or vehicle) in the 2017 Trophy Club July 4th Parade of Patriots.
Questions? Sherri Lewis | 682.831.4603