Update from Trophy Club Police Department Regarding Missing Boater and TC Resident

Posted by Sherri Lewis on Mar 07, 2017
Tags: TCPD, Town News, Community

3.10.17 UPDATE
At approximately 5:58 p.m. on Friday, March 10, 2017, 38 year old Matthew Meinert was discovered deceased in Denton Creek by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. The Tarrant County Medical Examiner has scheduled an autopsy and the cause of death is pending. No foul play is suspected. 

Game Wardens recovered the body in approximately 6 feet of water near the area Meinert’s boat was located on Monday, March 6, 2017. Denton County Dispatch received a 911 call after boaters discovered Meinert’s empty fishing boat on the bank of Denton Creek and a  search immediately ensued for both Matthew and Oliver Meinert. Oliver Meinert was found in good condition on the morning of Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at approximately 8:15 a.m. The search for Matthew Meinert continued daily until his body was found this evening.

The family has asked for privacy at this time. 


Update from Trophy Club Police Department regarding missing boater
Tuesday March 7, 2017

On Tuesday evening, search crews will scale down their search efforts to locate the missing Trophy Club boater in the Denton Creek area. Earlier today, Game Wardens from Texas Parks and Wildlife were able to successfully locate the missing boater’s two-year-old son in stable condition, who has been reunited with his mother.

Throughout Tuesday, emergency personnel from Texas Parks and Wildlife, Trophy Club, Flower Mound, Roanoke, Argyle, Little Elm, Mansfield, Hurst, Joshua, and Denton County Emergency Services searched the area where they believe the missing man could be located. Searches were conducted on foot, with a boat equipped with sonar, and with unmanned aerial devices. In addition, the Texas Department of Public Safety personnel flew the agency’s helicopter to assist and several certified teams from Search One K-9 Search and Rescue covered the ground efforts. The Lewisville Fire Department Dive Team was also on standby, should a dive be deemed necessary.

Emergency personnel remain hopeful they will locate the missing boater alive. Based upon the results of Tuesday evening’s search efforts, they plan to continue the search on Wednesday with continued ground, air, and land efforts.