Deadline extended to April 12th — please submit a deserving resident for 2015 Citizen of the Year!
Trophy Club was founded on resident volunteerism, and that tradition remains strong today with many community leaders working behind the scenes to make Trophy Club 'A Great Place to Call Home'. Citizen of the Year (COY) Recognition showcases the people who go above and beyond to make Trophy Club better and provides formal acknowledgment of deserving individuals.
The deadline to submit nominations is Tuesday, April 12, 2016. Citizen of the Year includes two categories: Adult & Youth.
If you have questions, please contact April Reiling at email@example.com.
Nominations are based upon the criteria below:
- Nominee must be a Trophy Club resident
- Nominee must not receive compensation for their contribution
- Elected Officials of the Town are not eligible for nominations
- Staff members of the Town are not eligible for nominations
- Recognition should be for service performed during 2015
Nomination information shall include an explanation outlining the following:
- How he/she went "above and beyond" within our community
- Specific benefits as a result of their endeavors; individuals or groups
- Testimonials from others; details on how the community, school or organization benefited from the individual's work. If available, time volunteered, money raised or money saved through their actions
- Name, Address and Phone Number of Nominee
- Name, Address and Phone Number of Nominator
Evaluation & Selection Process
The Citizen of Year Committee reviews the nominees and selects a Citizen of the Year and Youth Citizen of the Year. The committee is comprised of past Citizen of the Year recipients who are able to participate. Any member of the committee sharing a close, personal relationship with a nominee (such as a relative, etc.) must recuse themselves from voting.
Citizen of the Year - recognized for their outstanding work with a non-profit organization (for example raising funds, coordinating philanthropic events for the organization, overseeing distribution of funds, etc.), work in schools, local government, parent teacher organizations, Boy Scouts of America, Girl Scouts of America, 4H Clubs, etc.
Youth Citizen of the Year - a citizen 18 years or younger who made a difference in our community or schools.
Nominees and recipients will be recognized at the April 26 Town Council meeting, a press release will be sent to the media for local coverage of the deserving recognition and all nominees and recipients will be recognized through Town of Trophy Club communication channels (website, social media, newsletter, etc). The Adult and Youth recipients will receive an award commemorating the honor and have a place of honor on a float (or vehicle) in the 2016 Trophy Club July 4th Parade of Patriots. A permanent Trophy Club ‘Citizen of the Year’ plaque hangs in the lobby at the Municipal Building with all past and present recipients’ names engraved on name plates.