For the fifth year in a row, the Town of Trophy Club has earned the Texas Comptroller Leadership Circle designation for financial transparency. This year marks the second year that Trophy Club has been awarded the highest level for performance: Platinum.
The Comptroller of Public Accounts launched the Texas Comptroller Leadership Circle program in December 2009 to recognize local governments across Texas that are striving to meet a high standard for financial transparency online. Local governments are recognized for:
- opening their books to the public
- providing clear, consistent pictures of spending
- sharing information in a user-friendly format that lets taxpayers easily drill down for more detail.
New Platinum designation in the Leadership Circle
In 2015 the Texas Comptroller is enhancing the Leadership Circle program by spotlighting entities that meet an even higher standard of financial transparency by adding the Platinum Award level.
Leadership Circle designees are awarded with a certificate reflecting their Circle Award level: platinum, gold, silver or bronze.
- “Platinum” spotlights entities that go above and beyond providing financial transparency.
- “Gold” highlights those entities that are setting the bar with their transparency efforts.
- “Silver” encourages those who are making progress.
- “Bronze” inspires those who are just beginning their transparency efforts.