Volunteer to Serve on a Board or Commission - July 31st Application Deadline

Posted by April Reiling on Jun 03, 2015
Tags: Community, Economic Development, Government, Parks, Public Safety, Volunteer, Trophy Club Park, Trophy Club Gives, Town News, Recreation

The Trophy Club Town Council is seeking residents who are willing to spend a few hours a month to serve their community. Appointed Board/Commission Members must agree to serve without compensation but may be reimbursed for actual expenses approved in advance by the Town Council.

Now Accepting Applications

Applications will be accepted until Friday, July 31, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. for the following:

For each position you are interested in, please complete a general Boards & Commission Application and return to Town Secretary Holly Fimbres. These forms may also be obtained at the Svore Municipal Building located at 100 Municipal Drive, or e-mailed, faxed or mailed to you. Inquiries or questions should be directed to Holly Fimbres, Town Secretary at 682-831-4605 or hfimbres@trophyclub.org.

Applicants for Boards, Commissions, or Corporations must be registered voters prior to their appointment and must also be Trophy Club residents for at least six (6) months prior to their appointment. Based upon good cause shown, Council may waive the voter registration and/or length of residency requirement for a person appointed to a Board, Commission, or Corporation. Neither elected officials, nor persons appointed to fill vacancies on any elected governmental body may serve on a Town Board, Commission, or Corporation. The technical expertise of applicants shall be a consideration in gaining appointment.

The Town Council is the appointing authority for all applicants to positions on the various boards and commissions. Anyone interested in serving on a board or commission must first fill out the Town’s boards and commission application and then will be interviewed for possible appointment.

If a member of a Board, Commission, or Corporation fail to attend three (3) consecutive regular meetings without being excused by the Board, Commission, or Corporation, that member’s office may be declared forfeited by that Board, Commission, or Corporation. A member who is unable to attend a meeting shall notify the Staff Liaison of his/her inability to attend the meeting and shall provide an explanation of the conflict or other reason that prevents his/her attendance.