The season “to unite the Town of Trophy Club in the spirit of American Patriotism” is dawning near in Trophy Club, Texas. Trophy Club Stars and Stripes was introduced to the town in 2011 and has become an annual tradition of residents working together to line the streets of Trophy Club with American flags. Beginning July 2nd, residents and visitors again will have the opportunity to experience a display of 35,00-40,000 flags waving throughout the town as they drive, bike, walk, and jog through the streets of Trophy Club. The highly Patriotic sight makes one proud and thankful for sacrifices made by men and women around the world who protect America’s freedoms.
We are approaching the fourth year to “fly flags” in Trophy Club. Trophy Club Volunteers and Residents are who make this celebration successful.
- Route Captains organize teams to “plant” the flags 12 feet apart on the main streets of Trophy Club: Trophy Club Woods, Trophy Club Drive, Trophy Club Lakes, Indian Creek, Bobcat and Park View. Route Captains are assigned a section of the main roads to “plant” 300-400 flags. Local sponsors contribute money to purchase the flags for the main streets.
- Neighborhood Captains organize their neighborhoods by collecting money from neighbors for the flags and organizing a team to “plant” the flags within the neighborhood. A suggested model is $5 per home.
- Flag Teams consist of parents, children, youth, grandparents, boy scouts and Trophy Club firemen. On Thursday, July 2nd, watch for over 250 volunteers loading up wagons, bicycles, golf carts and backpacks with American flags and placing them throughout town. The flags will “fly” on the streets of Trophy Club beginning the evening of July 2 through the morning of July 5.
Call to Action
- The goal of Trophy Club Stars and Stripes is to “paint” the entire Town of Trophy Club “red white and blue”. We are asking for more volunteers to assume the role of a Route Captain and a Neighborhood Captain. If you and/or your neighbors want to be a part of this great tradition please contact us. If your neighborhood needs flags we would appreciate your orders by mid May. We will help you order the correct number of flags for your neighborhood and provide guidelines to plant, harvest, and store the flags. The flags cost 40 cents/flag including shipping and taxes. Please contact us if you want to volunteer and/or order flags. Jeannette Tiffany — email@example.com and Michelle Reed — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trophy Club Stars and Stripes also partners with the Town of Trophy Club’s “Parade of Patriots”. The parade is a tribute to all American patriots. The parade offers visitors and residents during the 4th of July celebrations another way to honor those who have served our country…promoting the goal of “uniting the Town of Trophy Club in a spirit of American patriotism.”
The 2015 “Parade of Patriots” Grand Marshall is Trophy Club resident Rear Admiral Ed Allen USN (Retired). The Metroplex United Pipe Band is a first for the parade. The pipe band will be playing patriotic music as they march the parade route. The parade will also include a military color guard, state, county and local elected officials, a strong military presence, floats representing Trophy Club businesses, school associations, neighborhoods, HOAs, organizations, pets, and children with decorated bikes. The parade celebrates American patriotism. Trophy Club American patriots…children, parents, pets and grandparents line the parade route along Bobcat, Trophy Club Drive, Durango, and Parkview “decked out” in red, white and blue waving American flags. The committee wishes to remind parade goers to stand and salute the American flag that is leading the parade.
You and your friends, family and neighbors can participate in the “Parade of Patriots” by entering a float, golf cart, bike and/or pet.
PARADE JUDGING CATEGORIES: Best HOA or Neighborhood, Spirit of Trophy Club, Most Patriotic, Best Dressed Golf Cart, Best Dressed Pet