Update (March 11, 2015) --- The following candidates are unopposed for the election to office for the election scheduled to be held on May 9, 2015:
Council Member Place 3 - Rhylan Rowe
Council Member Place 4 - Tim Kurtz
Town Council approved Ordinance No. 2015-05 on March 10, 2015, which declared the above unopposed candidates in the May 9, 2015 Joint General Election Elected to Office, and canceled the election.
Election time is around the corner and there are two seats up for election on the Trophy Club Town Council. Council Members serve three year terms and attend regular meetings twice per month: the second and fourth Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. Some meetings include a Workshop prior to the Regular meeting, and Special meetings may be called when necessary/appropriate.
On May 9, 2015, Trophy Club eligible voters will cast their ballot for the following:
Town Council Positions
COUNCIL MEMBER PLACE 3 (3 YEAR TERM)
Currently held by Rhylan Rowe
COUNCIL MEMBER PLACE 4 (3 YEAR TERM)
Currently held by Tim Kurtz
Town Council Candidate Information
Candidate Packets are available for download and pickup by candidates interested in filing for a place on the May 9, 2015 election ballot. Candidates may file beginning Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 8:00 a.m. through Friday, February 27, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. Copies are available for pick up at Town Offices located at 100 Municipal Drive, Trophy Club, Texas.
Mayor/Council Qualifications to Hold Office
Each person who becomes a candidate for Mayor or Council member shall meet the following qualifications:
- be at least eighteen (18) years of age on the first day of the form to be filed;
- be a citizen of the United States;
- be a qualified voter of the Town (bring your certificate);
- reside and have resided for at least twelve (12) months preceding the election within the corporate limits of the Town;
- no candidate may file for more than one office or position number per election;
- no employee of the Town shall continue in such position after becoming a candidate for a Town elective office; and
- If any sitting Council member files to become a candidate for another public office, he shall resign his current seat upon filing for the new office.
When any member of the Council no longer possesses all of the qualifications specified in this section, or is convicted of a felony or any offense involving moral turpitude while in office, the office shall immediately and automatically become vacant. The Council shall be the judge of the qualifications of its members in accordance with Section 3.04(b) and for these purposes shall have the power to subpoena witnesses and require the production of records.
Need to Register to Vote or Change Your Address?
Voter Registration Cards are available in the main lobby kiosk at the Svore Municipal Building (100 Municipal Drive), or: