Update (August 13, 2014) --- Last night the Town Council called the November 4, 2014 Special Election for the purpose of electing one Council Member for the unexpired term for Place 4 on the Town Council. The term for Place 4 will expire in 2015.
The Filing Period for a Place on the November 4, 2014 Special Election Ballot begins Wednesday, August 13, 2014 and ends Thursday, August 21, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
On Thursday, July 24, Council Member Danny Mayer (Place 4) submitted his resignation letter after serving on the Town Council since May 2012. The Town Council accepted Council Member Mayer’s resignation at the Budget Workshop meeting on Friday, August 1.
The resignation requires a November 4, 2014 special election to elect an individual to fill Place 4 on the Town Council. The Town Council will call the election for the newly vacated Place 4 seat at the Tuesday, August 12, 2014 meeting. .
Listed below are the dates for filling for a place on the ballot:
- Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - FIRST day for filing application for place on ballot and first day a write-in candidate may file declaration
- Thursday, August 21, 2014 - 5:00 p.m. - LAST day to file application for place on ballot in a special election to fill a vacancy
- Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 10:00 a.m. - Drawing of Ballot Order
More information will be available once the November 4, 2014 election has been called by the Town Council.
Mayor/Council Qualifications to Hold Office or to File
Each person who becomes a candidate for Mayor or Council member shall meet the following qualifications:
- be at least eighteen (18) years of age on the first day of the form to be filed;
- be a citizen of the United States;
- be a qualified voter of the Town (bring your certificate);
- reside and have resided for at least twelve (12) months preceding the election within the corporate limits of the Town;
- no candidate may file for more than one office or position number per election;
- no employee of the Town shall continue in such position after becoming a candidate for a Town elective office; and
- If any sitting Council member files to become a candidate for another public office, he shall resign his current seat upon filing for the new office.
When any member of the Council no longer possesses all of the qualifications specified in this section, or is convicted of a felony or any offense involving moral turpitude while in office, the office shall immediately and automatically become vacant. The Council shall be the judge of the qualifications of its members in accordance with Section 3.04(b) and for these purposes shall have the power to subpoena witnesses and require the production of records.
Need to Register to Vote or Change Your Address?
Voter Registration Cards are available in the main lobby kiosk at the Svore Municipal Building (100 Municipal Drive), or:
Denton County Residents
With almost 400,000 registered voters, the Denton County Elections Department works to administer elections in Denton County, provide voter information/support, and supply various documents and forms. The Denton County portion of Trophy Club encompasses two voting precincts: 4031 & 4032.
Denton County Elections Administration
701 Kimberly Drive
Denton, Texas 76208
Tarrant County Residents
The Tarrant County Elections Department oversees the electoral process in the county and provides voter registration and election information. The Tarrant County Portion of Trophy Club is located in one voting precinct: 3500
Tarrant County Elections Administrarion
2700 Premier Street
Fort Worth, Texas 76111
Tarrant County Elections (mail)
P.O. Box 961011
Fort Worth, Texas 76161