After several months and hours of work conducting research and attending various meetings, the Blue Ribbon Panel (BRP) formally presented the final report to the Town Council on Monday, April 7, 2014.
To focus on the issues in depth, the BRP formed two subcommittees: the Governance Subcommittee and the Finance Subcommittee. Ultimately, the BRP's recommendation from each subcommittee is as follows:
Recommendations from the Governance Subcommittee
- Consent to a possible Trophy Club Municipal Utility District No. 1 Annexation of the PID (short term)
- Transfer the control of the Trophy Club Fire Department to the Town of Trophy Club
- Continue to work toward a long term solution of consolidation with Trophy Club Municipal Utility District No. 1 to become a full service Town
- Other various organizational recommendations outlined in the Governance Subcommittee Report
Recommendations from the Finance Subcommittee
- Addressing a merger with Trophy Club Municipal Utility District No. 1 only when necessary, i.e. only when Westlake has left Trophy Club Municipal Utility District No.
- Remaining involved in the Westlake buyout process if it happens to help shape the best and prudent scenario for Trophy Club
- Considering annexation of the PID by Trophy Club Municipal Utility District No. 1
The Blue Ribbon Panel is a resident volunteer group created to provide resident feedback in regards to consolidating the Town and TC MUD 1 governments. In September of 2013 the Town Council created the Blue Ribbon Panel comprised of 12 TC MUD 1 and Public Improvement District (PID) residents. The Panel was asked to investigate the optimal solution to the future TC MUD 1 and Town government structure by:
- examining the current government structure in Trophy Club,
- researching best practices for municipal government and
- providing a recommendation to the Council regarding a local government consolidation.