The Town of Trophy Club values the contributions its citizens make to enrich the quality of life within our community through volunteerism. Citizen of the Year (COY) Recognition showcases the people who go above and beyond to make Trophy Club unique and provides formal acknowledgment of deserving individuals. Nominations come from members of the community who feel a fellow resident is suitable for the recognition. The deadline to submit nominations is Friday, April 4, 2014.
Nominations are based upon the criteria below:
• Nominee must be a Trophy Club resident.
• Nominee must not receive compensation for their contribution.
• Elected Officials of the Town are not eligible for nominations.
• Staff members of the Town are not eligible for nominations.
• Recognition should be for service performed during 2013.
Please submit nominations to Alora Wachholz by email at email@example.com, fax - 817-491-9312, or mail to 100 Municipal Drive.
Nomination information shall include a one-to-two page explanation outlining the following:
• How he/she went "above and beyond" within our community
• Specific benefits as a result of their endeavors; individuals or groups
• Testimonials from others; details on how the community, school or organization benefited from the individual's work. If available, time volunteered, money raised or money saved through their actions.
• Name, Address and Phone Number of Nominee
• Name, Address and Phone Number of Nominator
Click here to nominate someone; please fill out and submit the recognition form.
The Citizen of Year Committee will designate the recipient based on the following:
Citizen of the Year - recognized for their outstanding work with a non-profit organization (for example raising funds, coordinating philanthropic events for the organization, overseeing distribution of funds, etc.), work in schools, local government, parent teacher organizations, Boy Scouts of America, Girl Scouts of America, 4H Clubs, etc.
Youth Citizen of the Year - a citizen 18 years or younger who made a difference in our community or schools.
The Citizen of the Year Committee will announce the nominees at the May 5 Town Council meeting. The Committee will be comprised of as past Citizen of the Year recipients who are able to participate and one non-voting Town Council Liaison. Any member of the Selection Committee sharing a close, personal relationship with a nominee (such as a relative, etc.) must recuse themselves from the Committee. All Citizens of the Year will be announced in the month of April, featured in Town communications, recognized at the Annual 4th of July event, and represented in the parade.