On September 23, the Trophy Club Town Council unanimously approved a balanced $14,642,151 FY13-14 Budget, which officially took effect on October 1, 2013. Revenues are projected to exceed expenditures by $82,578, a savings that reflects the innovative and cost saving approaches utilized by Town Management. The FY13-14 Budget is based on a property tax rate of $0.4993 per $100 assessed valuation, which is a $0.019243 decrease from the 2012-2013 fiscal year.
The Town continues to experience strong development growth which resulted in over 12% value increase from last fiscal year. The majority of the increase is attributed to new construction occurring within Trophy Club.
FY13-14 Budget highlights include:
- A full-time Animal Control Officer (previously part-time).
- An additional Parks Maintenance employee.
- 50% funding of a full-time Firefighter.
- 50% funding of a full-time Marketing/Economic Development analyst.
- Adding a Planner to the Planning & Zoning Department.
- Adding a part-time accountant/bookkeeper to the Finance Department.
- Continued funding of the formal Capital Replacement Program.
- Community ‘Skunk Works’ program.
- 2% Cost of Living Adjustment effective October 1, 2013 for all employees.
- Competitive market salary adjustment for Police patrol officers.
- Fence replacement along the common area behind Beck Elementary School.
- Implementation of three projects identified in Phase 1 Stormwater Master Plan.
- Continued Road improvements including Indian Creek road rehab project and Meadowbrook Drive.
The FY13-14 Budget presents the plan for accomplishing Town Council objectives during the 2013-3014 fiscal year in financial terms. Town Council goals and core values are reflected in the newly adopted budget, including:
- Providing exceptional governmental services;
- Remaining fiscally sound;
- Effectively allocating resources to meet citizen needs; and
- Valuing our employees.