Now Accepting Applications for Several Boards & Commissions

Posted by April Reiling on Jul 08, 2013
Tags: Community, Economic Development, Town News, Trophy Club Gives

The Town Council is seeking residents who are willing to spend a few hours a month to serve their community. Trophy Club is blessed with amazing volunteers and the tradition of an active resident volunteer base is what has made this community strong. If you have the time, passion and/or interest in any of the board or commission positions below, then please apply. Thank you for your interest in serving the Trophy Club Community!

Applications will be accepted starting Monday, July 8, 2013 until Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. for the following:

  • Citizens Financial Advisory Board (CFAB) – The purpose of CFAB is to provide support to the Town Council regarding special projects as directed by the majority of the Council. Based on Council direction, the advisory board will review and make recommendations to the Council.
  • Crime Control and Prevention District (CCPD) - The newest board in Trophy Club, CCPD tasks include development of a crime control plan and a budget (each for a 2 year period), so it's helpful to have people who understand policing, crime control measures and objectives and budgeting for police operations.
  • Economic Development Corporation 4B (EDC 4B) - The mission of EDC 4B is to promote economic development within the town and the State of Texas in order to eliminate unemployment and under employment, and to promote and encourage employment and the public welfare of, for, and on behalf of the town by undertaking, developing, providing, and financing projects under the Economic Development Act and as defined in Section 4B of the Act.
  • Ethics Commission - Tasked with administering the Code of Ethics and Conduct ordinance relating to elected officers, appointed board, committee and commission members and Town employees. Requirements for the form and content of the complaint are specified in the ordinance: Chapter 1, Article 17.
  • Parks & Recreation Board - The Board exists to allow residents to play a more active role and to provide direct citizen input to the Parks and Recreation Director for the development of parks and recreational facilities with the Town.
  • Planning & Zoning Commission (P&Z) - The Planning and Zoning Commission reviews all applications for development within the Town for compliance with zoning ordinances and the Comprehensive Land Use Plan. The Commission makes recommendations of approval or denial of development proposals to the Town Council.
  • Zoning Board of Adjustment (ZBA) - ZBA hears and decides appeals where it is alleged there is error in any order, requirement, decision or determination made by an administrative official of the Town in the enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance.

Please download an application, which can also be obtained at the Svore Municipal Building located at 100 Municipal Drive, e-mailed, faxed or mailed to you. Inquiries or questions should be directed to Amy Piukana, Town Secretary at 682-831-4605 or.

General Information

The Town relies extensively upon the expertise of residents who serve on Town Boards, Commissions and Advisory Groups. These volunteers have been an important part of the Town structure since Trophy Club incorporated in 1985.

All Boards, Commissions and Advisory Groups are composed of several residents and a Staff Liaison. Residents who are interested in serving may obtain an Application at the Town Offices in the Svore Municipal Building or by clicking Boards and Commission Application or the Advisory Group Application. The Planning and Zoning Commission requires a supplemental application.