UPDATE --- Monday, June 3
The Drought Management Plan has been initiated and Trophy Club is now on a two-day-per-week irrigation schedule. Please read the following article for more details about Stage 1 Water Restrictions, which are effective June 3: http://www.trophyclub.org/tc-exchange/2013/05/23/stage-1-drought-restrictions-effective-june-3/
Trophy Club Municipal Utility District No. 1 (TC MUD 1) Board of Directors passed a new Water Management and Drought Contingency Plan at the April 16, 2013 meeting.
The new year-round plan, effective June 1, 2013, allows outdoor irrigation three days per week for all customers. Unless the Drought Management Plan is initiated, customers are allowed to perform outdoor watering as follows:
- No irrigation is permitted on Mondays.
- Odd addresses may water on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
- Even addresses may water on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
- Watering with a sprinkler or irrigation system is prohibited between the hours of 10:00 am and 6:00 pm every day.
- Watering with a soaker hose or drip irrigation is permitted at any time or day except on Mondays.
- Watering with a hand-held hose or bucket can be done at any time or any day.
- If hydro mulch, grass sod, or grass seed is installed for the purpose of establishing a new lawn, there are no watering restrictions for the first 30 days while it is being established.
Violations of this plan are enforceable in accordance with Section XI of the Plan. These procedures include:
- Written warning for a first violation.
- $50 administrative penalty for second and subsequent violations.
- Disconnection of service for a third violation with a $200 reconnection charge in addition to $50 administrative penalty.
The full plan is available on the District website at www.tcmud.org. For more information please call 682-831-4600.