Learn, Serve, Lead.
2775 Bobcat Boulevard
BNHS, in partnership with students, parents, and community, will ensure a premier education for all learners. Through innovative educational opportunities, students will be challenged, engaged, and offered leadership experiences, thereby, creating the Byron Nelson culture.
Byron Nelson High School opened in 2009 and has already earned a reputation of excellence throughout the DFW metroplex and the state of Texas. The staff and students take pride in being named after Mr. Byron Nelson – not just a world-class golfer – but a world-class man. The campus honors him through its motto of "learn, serve, lead." Programs that help create the prestigious culture at Byron Nelson High School include:
A BNHS graduating senior was named a semifinalist in the prestigious National Merit Scholarship Program.
- Highly successful teachers, including Kim Vazquez who earned the “Inspiration Award for Exceptional Secondary Education” from Texas A&M, and Sarah Menn who was the NISD Secondary Teacher of the Year.
- Highly competitive athletic programs that have earned state rankings for golf, tennis, and swim. In its first year with a senior class, the BNHS football team earned a bi-district championship title and the volleyball team made it to the regional tournament. Several coaches have received “Coach of the Year” for their respective sports.
- The BNHS debate team earned a national top 10 percent ranking within its first two years of competition.
- The highly successful Fine Arts program includes the choir, which was the first choir in the district to ever receive all top rankings in performance, and the band which made it to regional competition. The theater department successfully produces three plays a year.
- More than 90 percent of all students at BNHS are involved in a school club, organization, sport, fine art, etc.
- The Academy of Medical Professions and the Academy of Culinary Arts and Hospitality provide high school students with hands-on, real-world experiences in these career fields. Byron Nelson Blooms offers students industry-level experience in floral design and business operations.
- BNHS maintains strong partnerships with the community including Texas Motor Speedway and several local businesses and restaurants.