The Office of Public Information is charged with managing day-to-day communications from the town to a variety of audiences. As the name suggests, the Public Information Officer (PIO) relays public information to the community regarding an array of issues, from new laws to park additions and emergency notifications. The Trophy Club PIO provides information to the media and works with department heads, elected officials and civic groups in town on a variety of communication, marketing and advertising projects.
The PIO is responsible for the following:
- Website management and maintennance
- Writing a variety of materials, including speeches, articles, letters, etc.
- Producing communication pieces, including newsletters, email blasts, magazines, flyers, brochures, mail inserts, etc.
- Marquee messaging
- Social media management
- Developing advertising and marketing projects/campaigns
- Liasian between the town and community groups
- Public access channel programming
- Emergency management communications
- Media coordination
- Economic Development Corporation 4B (EDC 4B) secretary
- Event photographer
- Other duties as assigned
April Reiling, PIO
Public Information Officer and Marketing Manager