The Communications and Events Manager is charged with managing day-to-day communications from the town to a variety of audiences. The Communications and Events Manager relays public information to the community regarding an array of issues, from new laws to park additions and emergency notifications. The Communications and Events Manager provides information to the media and works with department heads, elected officials and civic groups in town on a variety of communication, marketing and advertising projects.
The Communications and Events Manager is responsible for the following:
- Website management and maintenance
- Media inquiries
- Writing a variety of materials such as articles, letters, memos, etc.
- Producing communication pieces, including newsletters, email blasts, magazines, flyers, brochures, mail inserts, etc.
- Marquee messaging
- Social media management
- Developing advertising and marketing projects/campaigns
- Liaison between the Town and community groups/outside organizations
- Public access channel programming
- Emergency management communications
- Media coordination
- Event photographer
- July Fourth Festivities and volunteers
Communications and Events Manager: Sherri Lewis, 682.831.4603