Oncor Energy strives every day to supply affordable, reliable power to its customers. But power outages do occasionally happen — due to:
- Tree limbs
If you experience a power outage, it’s easy to notify Oncor via the internet or phone. They will dispatch crews to locate and repair the outage as quickly as possible.
Everyone has a responsibility to protect their homes and their families in these situations. You can greatly lessen the impact during a power outage by knowing what to do if your power goes out. This involves three basic steps:
What to Do When the Power Goes Out
Before you report an outage:
- Check to see if your neighbors still have power.
- Check the Oncor Energy Outage Map or visit the Storm Center website to see if an outage has been reported. Type your address in the Search field to locate your area on the map.
- Check your breakers if you can do so safely. The outage may exist only in your home or business because of a blown fuse or a tripped circuit. (If you have checked your breakers and are still without power, report the outage online or call 888-313-4747 to report your outage)
Use the Outage Map to Stay Up-to-Date
The Oncor Energy Outage Map is a quick way to monitor current outages in our service area.
They update the outage map every 10 minutes and offer updates and estimated times of restoration. (During times of high traffic on the site, the map may take more time to refresh.)
Information Available on the Outage Map
- Number and location of power outages
- Number of customers affected
- Time outage occurred restoration status, and estimated time of restoration
- Summary of outages by ZIP code
- Optional viewing features, like hazards (such as downed power lines) and weather radar
Remember to bookmark the Outage Map in your mobile browser for future reference.
How to Use the Outage Map
Each outage displays an icon on the map.
If you see an outage icon near your location, click it. Details for each outage are explained in the information panel.
If you don’t see your outage on the map, you should report it.
What to Do When a Street Light Is Out
Oncor maintains street lights throughout their electric service area in and around Trophy Club. If you need to report a report street light outage, please contact 888-313-4747 or email them. You can also visit their Outage Tracker for current electric outage information.
Report a Street Light Outage
- Identify the street light number
- Report the street light outage using a map to select the streetlight
When reporting, you will be asked to provide:
- Contact information (in case more information is needed to locate a street light)
- An email address (if you want feedback regarding your repair request)
- The number of streetlights you would like to report
- A pole number for the non-functioning lights you want to report