Citizens Fire Academy
Trophy Club Fire Department typically hosts a Citizens Fire Academy annually in September – October. If interested, graduates of the class are eligible to participate in the TCEVA (Trophy Club Emergency Volunteer Association) , a group that supports the Fire and Police Departments. Potential candidates for the Citizens Fire Academy must meet the following criteria:
• Minimum age of 18 (Please check out our Summer Fire Camp for High School students)
• Live or work in the Trophy Club area
• No prior felony arrest
• No history of Class B or greater misdemeanor
Overview of the Citizens Fire Academy
Designed for adults to learn about how the fire department is organized and operates, the Citizens Fire Academy is open to persons who meet the minimum requirements. The CFA will meet one night a week for several weeks with a graduation being held on the final evening. Additional practical exercises may be available, depending on group interest and availability.
Each night, CFA participants learn about different aspects of the fire department, ranging from emergency medical services to special rescue operations. This is not a certification course.
Course Dates and Times: September/October TBD
Class Day and Times: Thursdays from 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. (classes last between one and three hours, depending on the topic)
Location: Fire Department Training Room
Contact Captain Gary Sipes at 682-237-2939 for more information.
Citizens Fire Academy Course Outline
• Welcome and Introduction, Fire Department Structure
• Protective Clothing
• Apparatus and Equipment
• Emergency Medical Services Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
• Fire Extinguishers and Search and Rescue
• Ropes and Knots
• Inspections and Investigations
• Emergency Management